I'm looking
for help...
Aidpage is free!

Free downloads: GrantGate®  Federal Money Retriever®

Disaster Housing Program

Published on AidPage by IDILOGIC on Jun 24, 2005

Administered by:

US Federal Government Agency (see all agencies)
Department Of Homeland Security
CFDA #: 97.037

Who is eligible to apply...

Disaster victims in designated emergency or major disaster areas who meet the following assistance specific conditions of eligibility and documentation requirements: 1) Transient Accommodations Reimbursement: a) the home has been damaged or is in a mandatory evacuation area, b) paid receipts for short-term lodging expenses; 2) Home Repair Assistance: a) proof of occupancy and ownership, b) disaster damage to the home must have made the home unlivable, c) total estimate repair costs must not exceed the maximum allowable repair grant; 3) Rental Assistance: a) proof of occupancy, b) displacement from the home must be caused by the disaster; 4) Mortgage and Rental Assistance: a) proof of occupancy; b) documented financial hardship must be caused by the disaster, c) formal written notice of eviction or foreclosure proceedings. All applicants or an adult member of the household must certify that they are a United States citizen, a non-citizen national, or a qualified alien for the household to receive any form of disaster housing assistance.

Eligible Applicant Categories:
Eligible Functional Categories:

FEMA Disaster Assistance Regulations, 44 CFR Part 206.101.

Note:This is a brief description of the credentials or documentation required prior to, or along with, an application for assistance.

About this section:

This section indicates who can apply to the Federal government for assistance and the criteria the potential applicant must satisfy. For example, individuals may be eligible for research grants, and the criteria to be satisfied may be that they have a professional or scientific degree, 3 years of research experience, and be a citizen of the United States. Universities, medical schools, hospitals, or State and local governments may also be eligible. Where State governments are eligible, the type of State agency will be indicated (State welfare agency or State agency on aging) and the criteria that they must satisfy.

Certain federal programs (e.g., the Pell Grant program which provides grants to students) involve intermediate levels of application processing, i.e., applications are transmitted through colleges or universities that are neither the direct applicant nor the ultimate beneficiary. For these programs, the criteria that the intermediaries must satisfy are also indicated, along with intermediaries who are not eligible.